Why Should I Replace My Windows?
Nothing lasts forever, and we sometimes seem to forget that when it comes to our windows. We think they are that transparent impenetrable wall that’ll always serve their purpose, and you never need to replace them.
However, anyone who lives long enough in Denver, Colorado, knows how vital window maintenance is and replacements when needed.
- Windows provides us with safety
- Windows are usually one of the best protections against UV radiation for ourselves and our children. Even if it’s cold outside, the Sun still penetrates our planet with those harmful rays.
- Having the windows checked to ensure they still provide critical protection is critical in proper window replacement. You can quickly tell if your furniture in the area of the sunlight is starting to fade in color, yet there’s a window there to prevent rays from coming in supposedly.
- Windows helps us see outside, but they are also there to keep people out.
- Windows are there to be shut and locked from the inside to prevent intruders from coming in. If your window isn’t closing all the way or simply cannot be shut anymore due to wear and tear, then a window replacement is in order.
- There are also sturdier window constructions available for newer window models that provide safety if the glass breaks and stays stronger without sacrificing its transparency.
New Windows Can Save You Money
You may start to notice that your electricity and heating bills are going up. However, this is not the consistent rate at which utilities go up year over year, and this is an unprecedented spike in your costs within the same season.
That’s because your windows aren’t as airtight or handling their climate control responsibilities as well as they should be. Correctly functional windows should not be letting in any drafts when they are closed and should also be a substantial insulator to help with climate management within the home.
Suppose you weren’t aware that your windows were supposed to provide proper insulation and thus less reliance on HVAC systems. In that case, that’s also an excellent indicator to upgrade your current window systems.
They Can Help Sell Your Home
You may be in the market to sell your home, and having windows that look as if they are about to fall apart, or even worse, don’t look uniform, can give a sloppy appearance to your home.
Curb appeal is one of the most important things to consider when selling your home, as it’s the first impression prospective buyers will be looking for. For example, suppose they come up to a driveway with uneven or broken windows.
They’ll assume that the rest of the home is in the same state of disarray and will either come in with an insultingly lower offer or pass by the house entirely without even considering making an offer.
A Heavy Storm Season Just Finished
Denver and snow go hand in hand. Yet while we’re staying indoors during the winter months enjoying hot chocolate, our windows are taking a beating they may not have been prepared for.
This punishment can lead to moisture absorption that will warp the window frames when the temperature rises. Also, it’s possible that the weather and wind were so harsh that the windows became misaligned or broke down completely. It’s always a great idea to have preparation after especially severe storms and weather conditions.
At the very least, check out the structural integrity of the windows. Have them checked out by professional contractors who will know what to look for, especially if the damage is weather-related. You want to act fast here because this can be the type of damage that will cause more harm in the long run if left unchecked.
In The End
We’re told that windows should last around 15 to 20 years if they are correctly well maintained. Those years can go by very quickly, and we may start to lapse in maintenance as the years go by.
After all, if we can see through our windows, they must be working as intended! Yet they will only last as long as they are properly maintained and well taken care of. Ultimately be prepared to say goodbye to the existing windows, and replace them with the latest and greatest windows available.
The technology for Windows is constantly expanding, so check KV Windows today